The glamorous and not so glamorous life and times of a future fashionista.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Pomp and the Circumstance

Hello dolls! So sorry for the long hiatus but I'm within good reason! I've been focusing all of my time and energy on my school work the past couple of months and now I'm graduating on Sunday! And not just graduating, but graduating summa cum laude! (I'm not only beautiful, but brilliant too! LOL) Now that the hard stuff like college is done, I have even bigger problems like what am I going to wear to graduation??? In high school, we were required to wear white dresses to graduation which was like trying to find a needle in haystack. Four years ago white dresses weren't exactly the springtime item du jour. Now, we don't have a requirement which in a way made my search harder. What is the look I'm going for? Something that says I'm an adult, I'm sophisticated, I'm fabulous. And where is this fabulous dress you say? Ann Taylor! My dress is a black halter with white diamond shapes throughout the dress. What is more important is that it was on sale! Originally priced at $168, I got it for the low, low price of...$59.99! :0 (Yes! It's true!) Unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture of the dress online but I do have other similar dresses if you also trying to captivate that look.





Floral Swirl Print Dress, $99.99, Ann Taylor















Brushstroke Floral Dress, $59.99, Ann Taylor



















Ombre Bubble Dress, $99.99, White House/Black Market

(Love this one!)






















Idyllic Island Dress, $138, White House/Black Market









I just realized that all these dresses were black and white, but they're all so cute and sophisticated! They're super appropriate for a graduation as well as those accompanying events ie, receptions, award ceremonies, brunches, teas, etc. Well, I'm off to revel after 4 long years of hard work! Stay glam girls! XOXO

2 comments:

Angel S. said...

congrats!

being chic is fab, but being educated and chic is even more fab!

Leila Daily said...

thanks girl :)